Sunday, March 6, 2011

4.09

This run yesterday was a little on the sluggish side. Well, a lot on the sluggish side. I went to Charlotte Friday night with Cassy, Kat, and Rachel to visit Dylan, and of course, we had such a good time that we stayed up until about 6AM. Cassy and I woke up Saturday morning to drive home at 10ish, and I immediately went back to bed once I got home and slept til 5PM.


I actually made myself get out of bed to run. Once I got out on the street, I felt ok. Not awesome, but not terrible. The weather was nice, it was in the 60's. I just took it really easy and didn't push myself too hard. I was more concerned with just completing the run than anything else. I also want to practice running at a slower pace, because Jessica told me I'd need to start slower than normal on race day. You supposedly have so much adrenaline at the start of the race that most runners have a tendency to wear themselves out too early without realizing it.


I probably need to really scale back the going out and late-night lifestyle right now. Friday was really not the best idea, but it was the last time all of us would've been able to visit Dylan before Rachel goes back to Europe. It was totally worth it, but I don't think I can get away with it after now.


Now for the more eventful part of the weekend, and the explanation of why I'm going to have to push my 8-mile run til tomorrow: (... reading back over the last couple posts, it feels like I'm really slackin off here...)

Last night, we all went out to TopO to watch the Duke game. It was such a blast. I came home a little earlier than everyone else, because I didn't want to stay out and drink too much before my run today. I get to bed by about 2Am, looking forward to sleeping in for the first time in several weeks.

Around 5:45AM or so, Rachel was sleepwalking and fell down our stairs. I woke up immediately and tried to help her get up and make sure she wasn't hurt too badly, but she'd fallen VERY hard. Over the next hour or so, she started getting less delirious and realized that her wrists and hands were really hurt. We ended up going to the UNC hopsital ER, and found she'd broken both wrists. We got there around 8AM, and I stayed til noon when Cassy and Kat came to relieve me.

So, not only am a little hungover/not feeling phyiscally my best from last night, but I'm way more exhausted than I could've anticipated because I haven't had good sleep all weekend. Not to mention it's been pouring and chilly all day. Not trying to spend an hour+ running just to get pneumonia. 8 miles will still be there for me to run tomorrow.

But... that being said, this week calls for lots and lots of early bedtimes, plenty of water, and good, healthy food. (No more fast food! I've been SO bad this weekend.)

Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment