Tuesday, March 1, 2011

4.55

I was supposed to do 5 today, but I was in a rush and wanted to go to dinner with the Roomies at Carrabba's. So I took a little time off.

I worked out yesterday, even though I really didn't want to. I'm starting to get to the point where I feel weird if I don't work out one day. So I made myself do it. I was pretty sore today, and I could feel it the most in my calves towards the 3rd and 4th mile. But I ran pretty fast, it only took me 42 minutes. My dad told me the other day that he did a 10K in 37 minutes once... can't believe he was that fast... and ran 1.5 miles more than me in 5 minutes less time. Big shoes to fill! Always have been.

Today was a fun day at work, we went out to Snoopy's and Char-Grill on Hillsborough- Yes, we went to both places. They're right next to each other! Tuesdays are 99 cent Hot Dog days at Snoopy's, and I had coupons to Char-Grill. My coworker James had never been to either, so I insisted that we go and try both.

I don't have much to report on the running front, so I'll share some links that Schwei sent me (he always sends me fun stuff while he's at work).

I highly recommend taking 5 minutes to read this Commencement address from Steve Jobs to Stanford's Class of 2005. Really great message, and makes me feel more confident in my current floundering.

And now, on a lighter note- a nerdy Transformer reference!

No comments:

Post a Comment