Monday, March 7, 2011

8.05

YES!!! I did it!


Wouldn't have made it without Callie there to help me stay motivated. We had a great route through Carrboro, down Manning, up through campus, down to the Gimghoul loop, then back around Cameron to Franklin and down MLK. It seemed so much colder outside earlier today. Maybe it was just my mentality- I was exhausted and I really didn't want to run. I didn't think I was gunna make it.

But once I was out there and running, and I felt pretty good. We kept a good pace, getting a little faster as the run went on. I had the CamelBak on, even though I honestly didn't feel like I needed it. (I'm drinking what I didn't drink on the run right now.)

The best part was when Callie told me we'd run 7 miles, and I got so excited because I knew I could do one more mile, no problem. Even when we stopped at 8 miles, I still felt like I could've run longer. But Callie and I decided that we should conserve since we're running 5 miles tomorrow.

I have to say I'm proud of myself. I've stuck with it, and even if I don't run every single tenth of a mile or even if I don't run on schedule, I've always gotten it done. I've also balanced my social life and work life with a regular workout schedule. It's great to finally feel like I have a grip on my routine while still maintaining a healthy lifestyle. (Callie and Elisabeth tease me and tell me this blog should really be called "DrinkStauceRun"....)

Time to get rested for 5 miles tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment